Cast Iron Skillet Chicken Fajitas
The warmer temps outside make us want to gather with family and friends to enjoy the
nice weather. If you’re in need of some new one-pan-grill meals, we’re here to help!
Here’s how to make chicken fajitas in a cast iron skillet on the grill:
1. Marinate and season chicken breasts, cover, and refrigerate while you prepare
2. Set grill to medium heat.
3. Oil the skillet and put it on the grill as it is preheating so that it starts getting up to
4. Throw seasoned, marinated chicken in until it starts to turn white.
5. Add all veggies and more seasoning/marinade.
6. Cook until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender.
7. Top with pico de gallo, jalapenos, avocado, cheese, lime, sour cream, cilantro, or
whatever you prefer!
You can make your seasoning/marinade with whatever ingredients you love and keep
on hand, or you can purchase marinade ready to go at your local grocery store. These
fajitas are simple, quick, customizable, and sure to be a hit at your next cookout!
If you prefer a side with your fajitas, you can also serve them with grilled corn salad
since the grill is already fired up!
● 6-8 ears corn
● 2 Tbsp olive oil
● ½ red onion, diced
● ½ red bell pepper, diced
● 1 avocado, chopped and peeled
● 4 tbsp olive oil
● 6 tbsp apple cider vinegar
● 1 tsp sugar
● 1 tsp Dijon mustard
● Juice from 1 lime
● Salt and pepper
1. Whisk dressing ingredients together and set aside.
2. Add 1-2 inches of water to a large skillet. Bring to a boil. Add shucked corn
ears and cook for 3-4 minutes, rotating to cook on all sides. Drain water.
3. Heat grill on medium-high heat. Brush corn lightly with olive oil and grill for a
few minutes, rotating it as it cooks, until golden on all sides.
4. Allow the corn to cool and then cut corn off of the cob and add to a bowl.
Add remaining salad ingredients and drizzle with desired amount of dressing
Toss to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
*Corn salad recipe by Alyssa Rivers: https://therecipecritic.com/summer-corn-salad/
If you’re interested in how to care for a cast iron skillet or the benefits of cooking with
one, click the link below!