Cranberries are rich in vitamin C, dietary fiber, and manganese.
I have been making this recipe for the last couple of years, and it has become a crowd favorite. It has a wonderful balance of tart and spice to compliment your Thanksgiving smorgasbord.
- 1 12-ounce bag cranberries, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1-2 fresh jalapeños, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- Rinse and dry cranberries.
- Combine cranberries and jalapeno in a food processor. Pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Add combination and sugar to a small saucepan and heat on low heat for about 10 minutes until liquid releases from cranberries. Stir frequently until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat and add lime juice.
- Transfer to a serving dish and top with lime zest.
- Serve cold or on top of low-fat cream cheese as a dip.
This cranberry relish pairs beautifully with turkey, as a spread for sandwiches or even as a taco topping.