Celebrating Cinco de Mayo? Here is a healthy and delicious recipe you and your family can enjoy!
~Baja Fish Tacos~
Cilantro brings plenty of flavor to low-cal mahimahi in these festive fish tacos. Add a few chunks of avocado to get a creamy texture and heart-healthy fats. And the cabbage isn’t just filler—it offers plenty of Vitamin C. Be sure to squirt some lime juice on top for the ultimate tangy topping.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 7 minutes.
3/4 pound mahi mahi or other firm white fish fillets
2 teaspoons fajita seasoning
2 cups presliced green cabbage (about 6 ounces)
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
2 1/2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream, divided (optional)
1/2 avocado, pitted and diced
1. Lightly spray grill rack with nonstick cooking spray, and preheat grill.
2. Sprinkle both sides of fish with fajita seasoning, gently pressing into flesh. Grill fish 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Flake into pieces with a fork; keep warm.
3. In a small bowl, mix together cabbage, lime juice, salt, and cilantro.
4. Wrap the tortillas in paper towels, and microwave 1 minute on HIGH or until they’re warm.
5. Place taco ingredients on the table for assembly. Spread each tortilla with 1 teaspoon of sour cream, if desired, and top with fish, cabbage mixture, and avocado. Serve with salsa and lime wedges on the side.
Calories per serving: 235
Fat per serving: 6g
Saturated fat per serving: 1g
Monounsaturated fat per serving: 3g
Polyunsaturated fat per serving: 1g
Protein per serving: 20g
Carbohydrates per serving: 28g
Fiber per serving: 6g
Cholesterol per serving: 62mg
Iron per serving: 2mg
Sodium per serving: 507mg
Calcium per serving: 75mg
Posted by: SSG