https://banisternutrition.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/06/Banister-Logo-41-years.png 0 0 admin https://banisternutrition.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/06/Banister-Logo-41-years.png admin2013-07-04 08:40:002017-01-12 10:59:463 Red White & Blue Recipes
3 Red White & Blue Recipes
Red, White & Blue Potato Salad
Makes: 4 1/2 cups
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
2 pounds baby potatoes, a mix of white and blue (or purple)
1/4 cup lemon juice
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground pepper to taste
3/4 cup chopped roasted red peppers, rinsed
4 scallions, thinly sliced
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
1) Place potatoes in a large saucepan or Dutch oven and cover with lightly salted water.
2) Bring to a boil and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Transfer to a cutting board. Let cool for 20 minutes.
3) Whisk lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Cut the potatoes in half, add to the bowl and toss to coat.
4) Just before serving, add peppers, scallions and mint to the salad and toss gently.
Per serving: 206 calories; 7 g fat ( 1 g sat , 5 g mono ); 0 mg cholesterol; 30 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 3 g fiber; 441 mg sodium; 744 mg potassium.
Mini Berry Cream Pies
Makes: 15 mini pies
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
1/4 cup whipping cream
2 teaspoons sugar
1/4 cup nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt
15 frozen mini phyllo cups (1.9-ounce package)
15 fresh blueberries
15 fresh raspberries
Beat cream in a small bowl until soft peaks form. Add sugar; beat until stiff. Fold in yogurt. Divide the yogurt cream among phyllo cups, keeping the cups in their plastic tray. Top each with 1 blueberry and 1 raspberry. Serve immediately, or chill for up to 4 hours.
Per serving: 33 calories; 2 g fat ( 1 g sat , 0 g mono ); 5 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 11 mg sodium; 7 mg potassium.
Red, White & Blue Popsicles
Makes: About 10 (3-ounce) freezer pops
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 6 hours 10 minutes
1 1/2 cups blueberries
1 cup raspberries
2 cups limeade
1) Divide blueberries and raspberries among freezer-pop molds. Pour limeade over the berries. Insert the sticks and freeze until completely firm, about 6 hours. Dip the molds briefly in hot water before unmolding.
Per pop: 45 calories; 0 g fat ( 0 g sat , 0 g mono ); 0 mg cholesterol; 12 g carbohydrates; 6 g added sugars; 0 g protein; 1 g fiber; 2 mg sodium; 41 mg potassium.
Posted by: SSG