https://banisternutrition.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/BN-40-logo-1.jpg 0 0 admin https://banisternutrition.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/BN-40-logo-1.jpg admin2013-08-31 16:19:002017-01-12 10:39:35Back To School Nutrition Tips
Back To School Nutrition Tips
- Breakfast is an important meal for growing children. Studies show that breakfast eaters tend to have higher school attendance, less tardiness and fewer hunger-induced stomachaches in the morning. Their overall test scores are higher, they concentrate better, solve problems more easily and have better muscle coordination.
- If your child’s school provides meals, take time to review the menu with them and discuss how to build a healthful and nutritious meal they will enjoy. Make sure the choices include whole grains, vegetables, fruits and low-fat or fat-free dairy at every meal.
- If you pack your children’s lunches, take your kids grocery shopping with you and allow them to pick out healthy foods that they enjoy. Your kids are much more likely to eat what you pack for them if they have picked it out themselves.
- For children that are involved in an after-school activity, packing a healthy snack they can eat beforehand. Such as fruit or vegetable slices, 100 percent fruit juice and whole-grain crackers with low-fat cheese are healthy options that will give them the energy they need to make it to dinner.
- Regular physical activity is very important to a child’s development. Not all children may like sports, but there are still plenty of ways they can get exercise on a daily basis at school and at home. Creating an activity that you and your child both enjoy is a great way to spend quality time with your child while being active.
Posted by: SSG