Here are a few tips to boost your calcium:
- Drink an 8-ounce glass of milk with your meal. Fat-free and low-fat milk have the same amount of calcium as whole milk.
- Add low-fat or fat-free milk to coffee or tea.
- Make oatmeal with milk instead of water.
- Eat 1 cup of low-fat or fat-free yogurt with fruit for breakfast or a snack.
- Melt low-fat or fat-free cheese on a whole-grain bagel, tortilla or English muffin.
High Calcium Foods
1 cup or milk, yogurt, pudding, or 1 ½ ounce cheese
Non-fat or low-fat milk or buttermilk
Low-fat chocolate milk
Non-fat or low-fat yogurt
1/2 cup of each of the following: