- Make it enjoyable. Leave the serious discussions for another time. Family meals are for nourishment, comfort, and support.
- Use the crock pot. Put everything together before leaving for work in the morning. You’ll come home to the delicious smell of a cooked meal.
- Avoid portion distortion. Keep serving sizes under control, whether you’re at home or eating out.
- Get the family involved. Let kids help prepare meals and set the table.
- Keep it simple. Family meals don’t have to be elaborate. Work salads and vegetables into meals. Focus on familiar favorites!