Weekdays can be busy and sometimes you just want a speedy dinner. This simple pasta dish takes only 20-30 minutes to put together and voila you have dinner ready for your family!
½ pound angel hair pasta
1 red bell pepper, diced finely
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup fresh parsley, minced
1 cup fresh baby greens like spinach or kale, chopped finely
¼ cup pine nuts
¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup chopped olives
Zest of 1 lemon
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add bell pepper and garlic and cook until fragrant and garlic starts to golden. Place bell pepper and garlic in a small bowl.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta cooks, add pine nuts to the previously used skillet and toast until lightly browned.
- Drain pasta and stir in all ingredients except cheese.
- Serve pasta topped with parmesan cheese.
This dish is great as a stand-alone main dish or topped with sauteed shrimp or scallops.
- Serving Size: 4