Here are a few tips to stay healthy while still enjoying holidays!
- Bring your own food: Contribute a healthy dish to ensure there is something you can indulge in and consider eating the healthier options first.
- Don’t go hungry to the mall: never go to the mall on an empty stomach to prevent having grab-and-go food from the food court.
- Keep a food log: maintaining a food diary can help you stay committed to your health goals.
- Eat before going to a party: having a healthy snack before heading to a festive party can help curb appetite and lessen your cravings.
- Keep healthy snacks at the office: stash healthy foods in your desk at work so you’re not tempted by the office goodies piling up over the holidays.
- Manage portion size: use smaller plates and serving utensils, and pour drinks into tall, skinny glasses.
- Control your environment: eat with a small group when you can, sit next to fellow health-aware eaters, and keep visual evidence around of what you have already consumed.
- Keep up the exercise: no time for your longer workouts? Break them up into 10-15 minute spurts throughout the day.
- Choose your indulgences: pick items that are truly special and unique to the season, anything is OK in moderation.
We hope everyone has the BEST holiday season and we cannot wait to see you next year!
Tips from realsimple.com*